Interview with Katie Bradshaw, Apprentice Electrician at Twyver
- What is your job title? How long have you been in that role?
Apprentice Electrician at Twyver, I started my course over two years ago but I have only been at twyver for a year.
- In a sentence, what does your job involve?
My job involves many different things such as; assembling panels, drilling/punching panels etc, reading wiring diagrams for switch gear and control panels and wiring them to the specification.
- What is your favourite part of your job?
My favourite part has to be receiving a diagram and developing it from idea into a prototype.
- What did you study? Where? How did you start your career?
I studied Science in sixth form at All Saints Academy in Cheltenham. My dad inspired me to apply for electrician apprenticeship at Twyver.
- When did you decide you wanted to become an engineer?
After I left sixth form, I decided I did not want to go to University, as I wanted to become an electrician and pursue my dream.