How we are making a positive difference to our environment
How we are ensuring that VINCI Energies is environmentally friendly to safeguard our future?
- Like many companies, the VINCI Group has pledged to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 in line with the Paris Climate Agreement. We know we can achieve this goal because we have calculated precisely how we will get there.
- Our road map involves a 5% reduction in direct carbon emissions per year with interim targets of 25% by 2025 and 40% by 2030. This is an absolute minimum and we will push ourselves to go faster where we can.
- These reductions will mainly come from switching company car and commercial vehicle fleets to EVs and replacing all standard gas and electricity contracts with green tariffs.
- We also seek to reduce consumption of energy, water and other resources wherever possible, for example, by using IoT environmental monitoring
- We are a partner of National Forest which is planting new trees to restore 200 square miles of land across Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire formerly used for coal mining and heavy industry to its natural beauty.
- We have also partnered with the RSPB to restore peatlands across the UK, which as well as providing a haven for birds and other animals, act as carbon store and soak up water to help reduce flooding.